Monday 15 March 2010

Quilted Pillow & Birthday Card

I put the back of Jack's pillow together yesterday - fitted a zip etc, and then attached the quilted front and put on the binding. We couldn't decide which fabric to use for the binding, so used lots of different ones. It measures about 30 inches across.
Also made a card for a friend - it's very similar to a past one I've made, but I really like the glitter and weird colour combination!
I used StazOn ink to stamp a Melissa Frances sentiment onto acetate, and attached it with a foam pad cut into tiny bits, then hidden with gems. I used acrylic paint on the edges, with Doodlebug glitter and Stickles glitter glue. The stamps are from Gel-a-tins Spring Garden.

2 comments:

  1. Sew inspirational, top another STAR for Helen...blessings madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I come across soo much talent since I have been blogging. Thanks for your visit and your kind words . Your quilting is beautiful. I dropped my jaw on the quilted card you made a few posts ago. Amazing! I know your friemds and family must frame them!

    ReplyDelete