Monday 23 August 2010

Sewing in France

My daughter and I are in McDonalds in France - with internet access! Just a quick post... thought I would show you my little sewing corner in our living room over here.Something I have wanted to make for ages - bunting. Finally made some out here, and love how it turned out!
Lots of half-square triangles for my Aviary fabrics quilt. I got most of the quilt top sewn together, but then disaster... my sewing machine needle snapped! I don't have another with me and there are hardly any shops round here, never mind sewing shops!! So just been working on my hand sewn hexie quilt when I get jittery fingers now...
Off to Paris this week, then England at the weekend. This really feels like home here, and I'm not sure I want to get back! (Though I am craving that new needle...)

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe your in France and spending your time sewing! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bunting, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! and have fun in france!

    check mine? www.listenthenspeak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete