Friday 17 February 2012

Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes

My parents came on Valentines day, and the kids were on holiday from school. We had some cupcakes at lunch...
 Last night I went to a training evening, and made some cupcakes for the refreshments. I find it very relaxing decorating them, though less so clearing up the monumental amount of mess I have created afterwards...
I used vanilla butter icing, and a chocolate cream cheese icing, plus some rolled fondant.
 Here they are all tucked up in my new Cupcake Courier. The only thing I think lacking with the design of the carrier, is a couple of lowered points each side of the cupcake holes, for you to get your fingers in and lift out the cupcakes. Still really happy with it though.
 Another few cupackes I made, using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I've also been trying to improve on my fondant rose making. I now cut out 6 or 7 circles, flatten them some more, and stick them together with water. The first petals I add curling inwards, and the last few curling outwards.

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcakes are to pretty to eat! I found your blog via mojo monday. Happy I did...you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete