Saturday 2 March 2013

Sizzix Cupcake Birthday Card

I felt like making something pink and frilly, to go along with the challenges on The Ribbon Reel Blog - to have ruffles (with a pinky/purply cake scheme), and at The Shabby Tea Room, where the challenge is based on a pink party theme, with flowers and bunting etc.
 I used some Sassafrass flowery paper which I have had for ages, and really like, because of how the sickly sweetness is contrasted with the woodgrain. I used Karen Burniston's Sizzix Accordion Flip Album Die, and the accompanying Frame and Label die, plus the very old red Sizzix Cupcake & Icecream die. I sewing machined some zig-zags around the gingham parts, and added some ruffly pink ribbon elements, plus bunting.

(Later...)

Yay!

6 comments:

  1. Well, isn't this the neatest card! I love this little number! Love the ruffles and frill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this is such a cool card! I love all the elements to this, but the banner, cupcake and that pretty pink ruffle have to be my faves! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fancy card sure! Love the action and what a surprise this would be to open! So pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I love the design and the colors! Thanks for playing along with The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards you created with the different Sizzix dies, especially the Dad card. Male cards are difficult to create, to find the right colors etc. Your quilt is to die for. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! The sewing around the inner frame is awesome! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete