Tuesday 11 June 2013

Pop 'n Cuts 3-D Suitcase 'Good Bye' Card

As well as our friends moving to the States this summer, we also have some more friends who are moving back to Canada after living here for a few years. This is my Good Bye card for them.
It uses Karen Burniston's new 3-D Suitcase insert in her new Square Card with Ornate Edge Pop 'n Cuts base die, as well as the companion Bigz Suitcase die.
The background paper is an actual map, rescued from a University Geology department which was chucking out loads of old maps.
I made the suitcase so that it can open up (there are little strips of black velcro on the insides of the handles), leaving me room to write a message inside. I'd love to try this technique again, but with all sorts of fun stuff inside the case!!
To make the opening suitcase, I folded over some card, and lay the folded edge right along the inside of the bottom blade of the suitcase insert,
 which made cut out pieces like this:
 I added an inside piece of card and some outside faux-leather decoration - all cut using the Bigz Suitcase die, and stamped the inside.
 I also cut a slot in the horizontal pop-out part, and fed through a post cut from Karen's 'Flagpole with Lantern and Sign', which I added direction signs to, and birds from Karen's 'Birds on a Wire' die.
 I cut 'Good Bye' with Cricut's 'Stamped' cartridge, and added some mini postcards and tickets, and various post mark, and English landmark stamps. (Sorry - I can't remember where any of these are from.)
 Finally, I cut two extra strips with the base die, to add bronze shimmery borders.
The challenge at Country View Crafts, is to use Die Cuts, so I am entering this card.


Products Used:


   



6 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card. Your friends will be over the moon! And they will be looking forward to all the wonderful cards you will make for them and send to them when they moved away.
    Love from Scotland,
    Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the Flagpole die with Canada & England with the birds on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun card Helen - thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card. Love the way you've made the folding briefcase. Great design, lots of lovely elements brought together well. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - your creativity just astounds me. I LOVE that the suitcase opens, and that you've given me yet another way to use my (havent used yet) pole and lantern die. Wonderful card!!!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fabulous!!! I saw it on Pinterest and had to pop over and leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete