Sunday 29 September 2013

Pop 'n Cuts Label Window Deer Christmas Card

I ordered a lovely Christmas paper pad by First Edition, called 'Nordic Christmas', which arrived yesterday, so last night made this Christmas card. I've got a horrible cold at the moment and feel rubbish, so making this distracted me a bit from it... though I crafted a lot more slowly than usual! (I was also registrar at a wedding yesterday, and made good and sure I triple checked everything, to make sure the couple were well and truly legally married... having a cold would be no excuse!!)
I used Karen Burniston's Square card with Ornate Edges Pop 'n Cuts base, with the Label Window insert, and used the Bigz Edge and Scroll die to create the panel that fits behind the opening.
For the larger pop-out label, I cut a label layer using the Bigz Butterflies and Labels die, and put that piece in the Sizzix Base Tray to cut out the word 'Wish' from it, using Tim Holtz's Movers and Shapers die.
For the smaller label, I hand cut a couple of hearts, layered with foam pads.
 I cut two deer with the Sizzix Bigz Deer die, and glued them back to back either side of the card front, and gave the deer Enamel Dots noses.
 All the pieces had their edges sponged with Distress Ink.
To the front of the card I also added a piece cut with the Sizzix Originals Flourish die, and some flowers which I made in a silicone mould using ThermMorph. (See my post here on it.)
I then just added a couple of labels cut from papers in the same pad, and added some Liquid Pearls and a bow.

Some of products used:


   


3 comments:

  1. This is Helencredible! I love everything about this! That "Wish" through the label is perfection and the deer (Such a fab die) is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is SO darn cute, love the little deer & that it's on both sides too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a FUN holiday card! I love that the little deer is on the front and the inside as well.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete