Monday 27 January 2014

Purple Onion Stamps 'Pop It Ups' House Card

 I received some 'happy post' at the weekend - a package of stamps (and some other lovely crafting goodies!) from Michele at Purple Onion Designs, whose design team I'm now on.
I love the 'Home Sweet Home' set by Stephanie Ackerman, and this card kind of made itself - I instantly pictured the stamps teamed with patterned paper and Karen Burniston's new Pop it Ups 'Lots of Pops' Pop -up die.

Michele was so sweet, and sent me lots of goodies for making things sparkle, plus I got to choose some of her wonderful stamps. Purple Onion Design has just recently got a new website - well worth a look!!

I like how with Karen Burniston's new Pop-up card dies, you get to choose where abouts on the card you have the pop-up part, and how big you want the card... on this one I positioned the pop-up mechanism to one side, to allow room for my sun and clouds.
I used the two side tabs cut with the die, to attach the tree and fence to.
I drew by hand the top yellow scalloped edge, to match with the stamps.

For the sentiment I used another Purple Onion stamp set, 'Hopscotch Sentiments', and put it in some label dies from Karen's 'Katie Label Pivot Card' set.

I made a simple card front using some 'Majestic' Framelits and more Purple Onion stamps.

Some of products used:




   

5 comments:

  1. Eeek! Sooooo cute! Love those new stamps and especially how you put the Lots of Pops die off-center. Such a great illustration of that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I checked out Purple Onion, that house set just JUMPED out at me. It's so cool to see what you've done with it ... putting the die off center is perfect. All your details are perfect - love this, Helen!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love Helen, such a wonderful pop up scene you have created

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, thanks for sharing your happy mail with us. What a cute card you made with your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Helen. Your cards are all soooo cute !! I love all the lovely details you put in each and every one of them. It's always fun to see when you've posted on your blog :).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete