Saturday 19 April 2014

Crazy 4 Challenges Sketch card, and some new Sizzix dies!

Here's my card based on the sketch challenge over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog today.

I treated myself to some new dies this week, and used a few of them on this card - one of Tim Holtz's new Frameworks dies (love how you can mix and match the insert parts!), a beautiful new flower die from Brenda Walton, and the 'hello' die from Lawn Fawn.

Whilst I do love stamps and ink, I think my greatest crafting loves have got to be dies and patterned paper - and though I think the newer 'wafer-thin' metal dies are great, I still really do love good old fat Sizzix dies! My new little haul makes me smile!!

For the flower, I used an older Sizzix die for the outer flower, and the Brenda Walton one for the finer inner layers. The papers are an assortment from the three 6x6 pads shown at the bottom (and an old Sherlock Holmes book!)
Lastly, I added a heart made with a Stampin' Up punch, and embossed it.

Links to some of the products used/shown:


   

3 comments:

  1. such pretty colours used great style of card x happy easter x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic design elements! Love the simplicity yet boldness! Great card, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous use of die cuts and dp.......no wonder you love them both

    ReplyDelete