Saturday 14 June 2014

Stenciled Hoppy the Frog Oval Accordion Card

 The challenge on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog this week is to use stencils. I own a couple of different stencil sheets, and have used them with embossing paste in the past (see my homemade embossing paste recipe/tutorial here), so for a change decided to use ink with one of them to make my own background paper.

I used a small Tim Holtz sponge, and a couple of different green and blue chalk inks over a spotty stencil, onto plain white card. To get the white frames the right shape, I die cut whole oval accordion card panels, and trimmed them down round the edges and snipped out the inner parts.
I used Karen Burniston's Oval Accordion Card for the card base and die cut ovals, and her brand new Hoppy the Frog die set which will be available in the first couple of weeks of July.

I glued a few sequins over some of the stenciled spots, used an old stamp (coloured with Copics) for Hoppy's party hat, and I made my own lily pad by cutting a slit into an punched oval, embossing it, then hand cutting the dark green shadow for it.

The little fly also comes in the Hoppy the Frog die set, and I used word dies by Mariane Designs.

Some of the products used:


   

2 comments:

  1. Hoppy is adorable and sure to bring fun to the recipient

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for the stenciling challenge at C4C! Hoppy looks soooooo good in a party hat. :-)
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete