Wednesday 23 July 2014

Karen Burniston's Poppy the Owl Pop It Ups/Stampin' Up Birthday Card

It's Karen Burniston's birthday today! ...inventor-extraordinaire of the Pop It Ups dies for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I've known Karen for about a year and a half now, and it's been such a pleasure! Happy Birthday Karen!

I made Karen this birthday card, using her Lucy Label Pop up die, and Poppy the Owl die set.

I made my own patterned paper for the pop up mechanism part of the card, with Stampin' Up's 'Handcarved' background stamp, and also used Stampin' Up's Little Letters Thinlits dies for Karen's name, and the Happy Birthday stamp from the 'Occasions 4 You' set. (The card stock, ink, heart stamp, spotty patterned paper and gold sequin trim is also from Stampin' Up... I may have placed a little order with them recently!!)
I cut the stars with a Tim Holtz moon die.

The speech bubble die is from Karen's new Lorna Label Popup set.

On the outside of the card, I used the outline Poppy the Owl die, and made a little tiara from a decorator die that comes with the Katie Label Accordion die set. The star mask is from Stampin' Up.

Some of the products used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment