Tuesday 30 December 2014

Karen Burniston Pop It Ups Circle Accordion Character Birthday Card with Copic Airbrushing

Some cards are just plain fun to make and I grin to myself whilst assembling them... this was one of those! I used various of Karen Burniston's Character dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs, plus her Accordion Circle die for the card base.

I cut the panels in white card stock, then die cut the shadow of each character out of self-adhesive masking paper, and put one on each panel. I then used my Copic airbrush to colour round the shapes. (I used up the air can that came in my starter kit pretty quickly, and loved airbrushing so much that I bought a little air compressor, so now I can spray to my heart's content.)
Then it was just a case of peeling off the film, and adding the inner shapes for each character, which I did on adhesive foam pads.

I then cut more panels out of patterned papers, and snipped out the inner parts to make frames for each panel. 
I mainly used papers from the wonderful 'Boys Rule' 6x6 pad from Crate Paper.
I also added Happy Birthday from Karen's Happy Birthday PopUp die set, and party hats from her Props 2 die set.


I glued some strips of mount board to the back of the two inner panels, and strung up twine, for some bunting. The cute little stars are also from the Happy Birthday PopUp die set.

I slightly staggered the two mount board strips, so that when the card is closed, they lie side by side, rather than directly on top of each other, so that the card folds down more flat.

Some of the products used:


   



1 comment: