Thursday 29 January 2015

Happy Birthday Dad Pop It Ups Card

Yesterday I worked on this card for my Dad's birthday. It's not till 1st March, but I have so many family and friends' birthdays in March I need to start now.

I used the Happy Birthday PopUp card die for the pop-up mechanism and Happy Birthday words and stars, and Karen Burniston's older Sizzix Pop n' Cuts A2 card base die for the card itself.

I added some 'Boys Rule' Chipboard stickers from Crate Paper for the vintage cars, layered on top of a couple of different sized tags from the Tags Pivot Card die set.
I absolutely love using Elizabeth Craft Designs' wide Double Sided Tape, for making more intricate die cuts into stickers, by adding the tape to the back of the card stock before die cutting. I did that for the Happy Birthday die cuts, stars, and the 'DAD' letters.

The DAD letters were cut with another of Elizabeth Craft Designs' new die sets - the Alphabet 1 - Caps set, which is the perfect sized alphabet for so many things, including this little platform on the Happy Birthday PopUp.

A simple card front, with space for a message.

Some of the products used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment