Sunday 27 September 2015

'Cards That Wow' Sizzix Book... I'm in print!

 I got a copy in the post this week of Sizzix's latest book 'Cards that Wow', put together by Stephanie Barnard. Stephanie asked me last year if I'd like to make some cards for it, which I did, and voila... I am in print!! It's my first time, and I'm quite pleased about it!

I remember seeing my very first Sizzix machine (the old red one) on Ebay in 2006, and wondering what it was... little did I know then that I would fall in love with Sizzix and die cutting, and that it would be the start of a whole new lovely hobby! Neither did I ever think back then that I'd get to be in a Sizzix book! Fun!

 I have 34 pages of my cards in it!  (Yes - I counted!)
Here is one of mine...
 I like the backgrounds that were designed to display the cards.
The book has a few pages explaining how to use Sizzix machines etc, and a few more pages showing how to make each of the basic cards with Stephanie's dies (Flip-its, Stand-Ups, Step-Ups), but it is mainly full of nice big glossy pictures of over 100 card ideas, featuring Stephanie's dies.

My name in print! And also the names of some lovely ladies I have come to know via the internet from Design Teams etc.

5 comments:

  1. YAY! It must feel amazing to have your creativity shared with the world! Such a pretty looking book, too! And, yes, I do judge a book by it's cover and this one would definitely catch my eye! Congrats ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that is an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Helen! It's so deserved! You have become one of my favorite blogs to follow. You are so talented!!! I can't wait to get my copy and see all your lovely cards!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete