Tuesday 2 January 2018

Karen Burniston's Design Team Challenge: Katherine Label Birthday Bunting Card

Happy New Year!! It's Karen Burniston's Design Team Challenge time again, with the theme of 'Birthday Banners!'
I made my card using the Katherine Label Pop-Up die set, which creates a floating panel.
I wanted it to be so that when the card opens, lengths of bunting lift into place, so I attached Baker's twine to the back of two layered labels on the floating panel.


   I used adhesive foams pads on the back of each of the end flags, to attach the bunting to the card base.
The flag dies are from the Twist Panel Pop-Up die set, and patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Oliver 6x6 pad.

I cut a label shaped window in the front of the card, and lined it up with the inner floating label. The frame for the window was made by nesting two label dies from the Katherine Label set.
The 'Happy Birthday' is from the Word Set 2: Birthday Die Set.

 I love the movement which the mechanism in this card creates, and how all the bunting lifts up into place when the card is opened!

Product Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment